Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011 News-Herald Photo Favorites

Every year for work at the Marshfield News-Herald, I put together a slideshow of my favorite photos from the work year. I don't include wedding and engagement photos, but I do include some vacation photos.... for some reason, those always find a way into the paper :) It is hard to go through a year's worth of daily assignments and I am sure I missed quite a few photos that I would add to the gallery.

This year marked a lot of changes photographically at the newspaper. One big thing was shooting football with a Canon Mark IV. That pretty much was a 110% improvement for me this year. It is amazing the difference between a first generation Canon I-D and a new Mark IV can make when shooting fast sports in low light. I actually got the camera at the end of 2010, but this was the year I reaped the full benefits of it. The News-Herald also lost a staff photographer, so now it is just me. This has been an adjustment. This summer we were also down a second photographer in Wisconsin Rapids. These changes made for a hectic summer and a busy year.

I had to choose my favorite photo from the year for the paper and I chose Mutton Bustin' at Farm Tech Days. It was pretty much a sheep rodeo for little kids. And it was awesome :)


 Here is a link to a slideshow of the rest of my favorites from this year

No comments:

Post a Comment