Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Project 365

This year, like the past two year, I am doing a 365 project. A 365 project is where I take a photo every day for the whole year on Flickr.  Well, I try to. In 2011 I got to day 133 and in 2010 I got to day day 178. So the results have been.... incomplete. I have no idea how far I will get this year, I have already missed two days. For me though, the point isn't how far I get, it is just to make myself be a bit more creative with my day-to-day photographing. And to stop and go a bit slower and notice things that I would normally overlook.  I also like to look back and see what I was doing the first half of the year.

Here are a few from the past few weeks.

 4/365
A drive home from Colby after shooting show choir practice

 11/365
It finally snowed a bit here. Starting to (finally) look like winter

 13/365
I acquired a lucky bamboo plant that requires purified water. So far... that hasn't happened. But I am trying to keep it green!

19/365
I had to go look for animal tracks at McMillan Marsh, so Dan went with me on a morning hike. Apparently animals don't like -10 degree weather. We saw no tracks.

 21/365
Dan is building a cedar strip canoe for our wedding. This past weekend I helped strip it. Which means putting the strips on.  I am also looking forward to sanding.... I don't know why, that seems like the most tedious part, but I always have liked sanding, like in metals in college. It is nice to see something rough transform. 

22/365
The woods at Wildwood Park. I put a vintage action on this. I like the look of pines and the sun streaming through them. They also made me thinking of my wedding invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment