Monday, February 27, 2012

WNA Awards

This past Friday I had the honor of attending the Wisconsin Newspaper Association Better Newspaper and Advertising Awards in Middleton. The Marshfield News-Herald won 21 awards in our division and picked up some nice hardware for our new office.

We received a First Award for the Creative use of Multimedia for the project about Colby's show choir that I worked on with Ashley Smith. This was a really fun project to work on. I did a couple audio slideshows to go with the daily stories and photos in the paper.






I received a First Award for Feature Photo from Farm Tech Days.


We also received a First Award for All-Around Photography

I got to spend the afternoon at the pool for this one. Brought back memories of being a former "pool rat" and then lifeguard.

I received a Second Award for Spot News Photo


And I received a Third Award for General News Photo

We also received a Third Award for Photo Essay with  "Yipes, Stripes!"

2 comments: