Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mosinee Volleyball Poster :: Central Wisconsin Sport Photography

Last week I was asked to photograph the sports poster for the Mosinee Volleyball team. This is different than the team photo, which is usually done by studios of the team in their uniforms. The posters are more fun and usually given out at games to promote the team, as well something to collect. I think I still have my sports posters from high school swim team....

The team chose, "Sorry, Cinderella, you ain't getting this ball!" as their theme. After going through a lot of options, we settled on taking the photo in the high school auditorium. They had props and a background from a play that worked perfect - the play was Cinderella! The best part of the location was that I could use the stage lights and not set up my own lighting. That saved me a major hassle, I was keeping myself up at night thinking of how to evenly light twelve girls. There was also a moon that we could light up too! I shot the images in RAW, which I have never done before. I think I will use RAW for wedding portraits, it is just an overall larger file with higher quality.  It was a pretty fun shoot and I am pleased with the results.


I still have a bit to tweak on the photo and am not sure if this will be the final, final version, but I like the way it is turning out! I don't claim to be a designer, but I enjoy learning new skills and searching for free fonts! It is kind of mind-boggling how many fonts there are. It is pretty pink, so I might play around a bit more with the text colors.  My friend and sister who are both graphic designers helped me a bit with suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment