Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gallery Show

Yesterday I dropped off a few photos for the Ex Voto Art and Design Gallery in Medford. They had a call for artists for their Summer Open Theme Art Show, which opens August 22. Since I was on a mission to get some work in galleries, I entered and have four pieces in the show. Their gallery has lots of corners and different art work and you could poke around there for awhile, tons of interesting painting, prints and, well, art! I am excited to see what they will have in the show,  it will be neat to see what other artists in central Wisconsin are producing.

Here are two of the four photos "Holgascapes" of mine that will be displayed.





Field
Taken with a Holga on the way back from Wisconsin Rapids

Birch Trees
Taken with a Holga near Withee


I found a link to some really amazing photos the other day, "Captured: America in Color from 1939 - 1943" on the Denver Post photo blog. They are really images, I think they look like movie stills. I have never seen color images from then and they are so simple and beautiful. The images themselves are slices of life, but the color adds a vibrancy to that time that I have never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment