Friday, November 12, 2010

Boundary Waters Continued

I had some time to finally edit photos from the trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. These photos were all taken with my 40 D and a 14mm lens. As we left town, I went to take a photo with my  28-70 mm lens and it fell off my camera in my hand. Apparently the lens broke from the rear component when my backpack took a tumble. I freaked out because I couldn't remove the latching element from my camera. But it worked out and I got it off. But all these photos are with a fish-eye on my cropped camera. Lots of lens flares and such....

The trusty aluminum canoe. We took this last time to the Boundary Waters. It is pretty heavy, but you can run it into rocks without worrying.

We made friends with the gray jays. They say on our hands and ate cookies.



Lots of portaging, 13 to be exact. I know this photo has a weird or no focus and is blown-out at the top, but I like it.

We fished a lot, but didn't catch anything. Not even any bits. Dang. No Walleye for us!


Grass and sun. There was a lot of this.

More canoe pictures. 
Canoeing into a lake on a beaver stream.

More Lakes

Paddling

Our final paddle through Snowbank Lake.

Starry night over Lake Disappointment. It was a new moon, so the stars were splendid each night. Photos don't really show much, but I have never taken photos of the stars before. I think this was about a 77 second exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment