Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Black and White Holgas

Here are some recent black and white Holga photos. I am not sure why some of them are so contrasty, it seems like the ones with bright sun lose pretty much all the details in the highlights....

Boardwalk through the woods on the Green Circle Trail in Stevens Point. I really enjoy boardwalks through the woods, I feel like they will lead someplace magical.... or something.

Ice Age Trail in earlier fall

Ice Age Trail in earlier fall


These two photos of my nephew running through a sprinkler are what I mean about totally blown-put highlights. I haven't checked the negatives yet, to see if it was processing or not. Maybe C-41 process b&w film is generally more contrasty and have a smaller tonal range? I would love to develop at home, but the cost of chemicals, plus the smell puts me off.


I am heading to Iowa for Thanksgiving to see family and play with nieces and nephews. Unfortunately my 24-70 has been deemed "unrepairable" and the new lens that I purchased isn't here yet, so it will be a one-focal length holiday. I would like to get a picture of the turkey though. I have never taken a picture of a turkey. Have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment