Thursday, December 2, 2010

Busy-ness

I have been busy. No, I am not still in Iowa eating copious amounts of Thanksgiving food, I am done being busy with that! I have been busy with photography. Not necessarily taking pictures, but the busy work end of photography.

I have purchased some new gear to replace an exploded lens. I have felt lost without my portrait/macro lens, it is hard to cover events with 14mm and a 70-200. I purchased a new 24-70 from KEH.com, which I am really happy with. I also purchased a light and system. I bought an Alien Bee and this transmitter and a few of these receivers. The light will work together with my Canon Speedlights to create a studio setup. The most exciting recent acquisition is a brand-spanking-new work camera, a Canon IV! Woohoo! My Christmas season is complete! I set up the functions today, but haven't had a lot of time to play with it. Shooting basketball games in Columbus's dark gym will result in much brighter and crisper photos. 

I also have been working on setting up online purchasing and viewing for my wedding and engagement photos. I am using Photoshelter to set everything up and it has been fun. I like learning!

I am also participating in the Holiday Show at the Eau Claire Regional Arts Center Gallery. Today I am bringing some prints over for the show, which opens tomorrow, December 3 and runs through December 23. Stop by if you are in the area!

Yes, things sure are good and busy, but I will post some photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment