Sunday, December 12, 2010

First Official Snowstorm

Yesterday, Saturday, was the first official big snow up here in Wisconsin. It was a big one, about 12 inches. I know from first-hand experience since I had to work this weekend and take pictures of people shoveling or snowblowing. Luckily, my car never got completely stuck and my lovely boyfriend shoveled me out, then towed me out of work in the evening. I parked along the road and was plowed in.

I photographed this on Central Avenue in Marshfield last night. There weren't a lot of people out, obviously., and it was kind of lonely and windy. This guy only had cowboy boots and a Carhart jacket on and looked cold.  I shot it with my new Mark IV (whoot!) and have been having a blast shooting in low-light situations with high ISOs.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad this snow happened on the weekend! I was snowed in with the exception of going to the barn...which was only possible do to our tractor! Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wish I was snowed in, it would have been nice to have an excuse not do do anything all weekend!

    ReplyDelete