Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Big News!

I have some big news to share, although not photography related.... Last week on a nighttime snowshoe hike to the top of Porky Point at Levis Mounds, my boyfriend proposed to me! I said yes, once I stopped stuttering.

Since this is a photography blog (and I am a big dork) I thought I would practice getting some ring shots with my own ring! I was a little nervous, since the snow is pretty deep and my fingers were getting cold, but no panic situations arose. The hoar frost was a perfect backdrop.



 He took his design idea and had it made by jeweler and artist Bob Giede in Menominee. It suits me perfectly, I love it!


For more wedding photos, check out my website: http://lauraschmittphoto.photoshelter.com/

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad Dan could find such a great location! Perfect. I never though someone would be proposed to there many years ago when I designed that trail.
    Congratulations!!!!
    (beautiful ring too, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are stunning pictures for a stunning ring, Lars!! Absolutely beautiful. Kind of want you to do that with mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steve! It is a great trail! We forgot head lamps, so we were happy for the snowshoe trails leading there:)

    And Sarah.. thanks I love it! I can take some photos of your ring too! ( or you can with that super-sweet new camera:)) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete