Monday, July 25, 2011

Work Photos

Work has been exceptionally busy. Besides working, I have been "training" for a duathlon and blogging about it for work. You can read it here.  Here are a few events I have photographed in July. Not pictured, a dog getting spayed.  It may be a bit too... much for the blog, but it was interesting to observe.


Water skiing shows. I can water ski... but only on two skis. But, I feel like if I had had to opportunities as a youth,  such as a motor boat and a lake, I would have been awesome at this. Why? Well I love the water, I don't get water up my nose, I was in gymnastics, I'm very graceful (ok not that one at all), I can withstand impacting the water very hard (I was a diver in high school) and I used to coordinate really awesome dance routines on my bike, on roller skates and in the water.




I have been shooting so much baseball... I have no idea how much really. It seems like every day there is a baseball game. I actually don't mind baseball, if I have all the time in the world for something to happen. But it can be a low-excitement event and sometimes it is just a lot of batter and a lot of pitching. Not so exciting for photographing.




Why yes, I had to put the photo of the cat show I covered. Very hard hitting news here in Central Wisconsin. I have never been to a cat show before... dog shows, yes. It was interesting. Here, the judge is trying to entice the cat to bat at the thing in front of its face. They were judging "playfulness". As you can see the cat is only slightly interested. Oh.... cats.


Why yes, this is a picture of a young child clinging to a sheep. It is called Mutton Bustin'. Farm Technology Days came to our area and this was one of the highlights of the event for me. This and checking out the new Chevy Volt. Which I could have used today since I already drove 140 miles. Just think, it gets 95 miles a gallon!


I have also been keeping my eye out for funnel clouds. There has been a thunderstorm like every day.


Show Choir Camp! I went home and remembered that I have still some episodes from the first season of Glee to watch. Singing and dancing is a day-brightener.


Horse Shoe club in Marshfield. They are really good.




No comments:

Post a Comment