Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall in Holgas and 35mm

I am off to the Canadian Shield today or tomorrow for some time paddling, packing and portaging through the Boundary Waters. It might be a bit cold, or it might not be. I guess it depends on what your definition of cold is :) We went last year at this time and it was pretty much awesome. I am looking forward to being off the grid for a week. No email.... no phone....just water and woods :)

This week we did get in a canoe trip to celebrate my birthday! It was a great birthday... turning almost 30 isn't too bad! I haven't been shooting many holgas lately because my photo focus has been elsewhere..... but I wanted to shoot a roll though of this expired Agfa film from 2004 just to make sure it was ok and the colors weren't too weird. It was a win!

 Dan took this photo of me! It was pretty much one of the best birthdays of my 20's :)








Some more film photos.... I went on a walk late this summer at the Mead Nature Preserve and brought my trusty Pentax and a 50mm lens. I love the shallow dof! I forgot how much I love this camera and lens. I don't shoot through film to quickly with this camera... I usually bring my holga on outdoor walks. It is a nice change of pace though and I got to chase frogs and grasshoppers!














No comments:

Post a Comment