Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nature in RAW

 I have been experimenting with shooting in RAW. This means that the files are larger and there are more editing options..... but I am still trying to figure all this out. I have a way I tone images in Photoshop, a certain workflow and a set of tools I generally use. But the whole shooting in RAW is throwing me off a bit! I feel like I need to recalibrate not only my computer, but also my eyes. I may need to purchase some larger CF cards too. My 4GB cards fill up quite fast.


 I went on a walk yesterday and took some shots. The two images below are leaves. It was really windy, so I used a slow shutter to get some motion blur.
This photo I changed the temperature to a more yellow/golden, which I thought I liked until I opened it in Photoshop all the way and did autobalance just to see what it would do, which is the photo below. That color corrected for all the golden colors. So I switched back to my original toning job from RAW and now it looked too yellow to me.

This is definitely a cooler version of the leaves. I like this, but I want golden fall light, but not too yellow of a light. Conundrum! More experimenting is in order!

Allergy makers, but they are pretty! The warmer temperature here works better, but the plant is already yellow, so maybe that helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment