Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Business Cards

I got new business cards today! I am pretty excited. They aren't new in the sense that I am replacing old ones, but they are new because I have never had business cards before! They were designed by my talented and lovely sister, Cathy Brookes. She is a graphic designer by trade and does a super job. Plus, she is good at working with people (me) to get exactly what they want. Especially when this is what she had to work with.....
"I think I want something crisp and classic with a surprising element. Like, the color or the font or a little ditty. Or maybe something a little organic, yet still crisp. I like the idea of yellow.... maybe yellow and a blueberry color? I am eating blueberries right now."
That was from an email I sent about what I wanted for the cards. Good thing she knows me well!


 The front

The back. 
This is a photo from June of a bubble. It was really hard to decide what, if any photo to use. I wasn't sure because I didn't know if I wanted the card to be more for "fine art" photography or wedding and portrait photography. It is hard to find one photo that represents me as a photographer.

She definitely went with yellow, which I really like! Thanks, Sister!




I got the business cards printed at Heinzen Printing in Marshfield, where I also printed the posters for the Mosinee volleyball team.

2 comments:

  1. Love them! I think they turned out great and the picture of the bubble goes really well with your tagline.

    P.S. I can't believe you don't like fall. C'mon Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I used to love fall.... maybe I should go to more apple orchards and eat caramel apples!

    ReplyDelete