Friday, May 21, 2010

Washington State: Orcas Island

After visiting in Seattle for a few days, we went Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands.

 We took a ferry from Anacortes to Ocras Island. I was hoping to see some whales, but I didn't. The scenery was superb though.

We rented cabins on the water, from where we could watch the sunset and wander down to the beach.

We spent a lot of time on the deck watching the sunset and enjoying wine and beers.

Dan also put up his slackline. I'm pretty bad at it, but my sister and her husband and my mom all got to take a try. 

Sunlit beach rocks on... a rock!

We were close to Canada.

The pier on the west side of the island. I would love to go back and paddle around there, it reminded me a lot of the Apostle Islands, but with larger, taller islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment