Saturday, May 22, 2010

Washington State Photos

Once again.... more photos from the "Western Road Trip". At some point I will be done with them.... I don't mind though, I haven't shot much here that has been exciting. I will have a lot of Holga pics too, I shot about 8 rolls, except 2 may have gotten a bit exposed.  I should go on road trips all the time!

Skagit River in the North Cascades National Park.

A pile of rocks that were on the shore of the Skagit River. The river is a spawning place for salmon. It was really really clear and cold.

Flowers in our campsite on the Skagit River.

Liberty Bell, a mountain in the North Cascades. We were going to hike around here, but the snow was still over my car. I think they just opened the road and the pass the week before. We should have brought our snowshoes!

Dan pointing which rapids he could run and where he would die on the Class IV and V rapids on the Icicle River near Leavenworth.

The Icicle River

A hike near Leavenworth to an alpine lake. It started out really nice, but the further up the mountain we got, the more snow there was. At one point, we were falling through the soft patches of snow up to our waists! The temperature was really warm still, so we were comfortable in our shorts.

Beers at Uncle Uli's in Leavenworth after the hike.


These photos are all while we drove to Spokane on Highway 2 through eastern Washington. The light with the clods  was superb, so I kind of went crazy and took a ton of photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment