Wednesday, July 7, 2010

2010 Confluence of Art Biennial

Exciting news! Two of my photographs got accepted to the Eau Claire Regional Arts Center's 2010 Confluence of Art Biennial. This is a juried exhibit, the first I have ever entered! It was a goal of mine this year to have work in a gallery, so I sent submissions to a few different galleries in the area and region.  Here is the Regional Arts Center website. The exhibit runs August 16- October 8.

This is a photograph of an Island at the Apostle Island National Lakeshore near Bayfield, Wisconsin. We have gone kayaking up there for the past two years. It is really beautiful, and no bugs! I believe this is Otter Island, but I am not sure. It was when we were kayaking to Oak Island for our final night.

This is a photo from this winter. It is a double exposure with slow motion blur. Dan and I were ice fishing and I think he was walking back from checking our tip-ups. I think we caught at least a dozen fish that day! It was my second time ice fishing.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news, congratulations! These photos both have the same tone and feeling, so they will look great hanging side by side in a gallery!

    ReplyDelete