Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Holga Blog: Self Portraits

I know I posted about self portraits awhile ago and I had every intention of pursing self portraits with zeal.... but that didn't so much happen. I did take a few, but none with the full intention that I wanted to out into the project. Holga Blog came out with the winners today on their blog: Self Portrait Challenge Winners. My photo was featured in the list, but not as a winner. It is the photo of me in a hammock that I blogged here. Check out the self portrait Flickr group and the blog. The winning photos are quite stunning. I especially enjoy the third place winner, the photo is really fun. It is neat to see what people have done for the challenge and gave me a lot of ideas.


I took these two photos while I was heading to Stratford in the evening. I like them ok, but they aren't really that well thought out and I just took them on a whim. I do like that they are black and white, but I did like most of the photos from this roll. I think because I never shoot b&w and I liked the change. I do drive a lot so, that part of the self portraiture says me. I suppose though that if I had thought them out they would be a lot more self conscious and awkward, and the only place I really felt comfortable photographing myself without feeling dorky was in the car.

I shot this as we were heading back to Wisconsin from Duluth and driving over the bridge into Superior. I didn't realize I was in the photo. I do like this, I just wish I was aware that I was in the photo and had moved the camera down a bit so more of the mirror was included. Oh well. It would have worked for the contest, but I didn't get the film back in time.

1 comment: