Monday, April 12, 2010

And... Action!

And.... action!

I downloaded some actions from Actions and Textures by Michelle and was waiting for the right neutral-ish, yet not snowy, photo to experiment with, something that had color and details. Finally, the snow melted and the first flowering tree/bush that I saw, I photographed for that purpose.

I don't use actions for my work photos, and don't normally use them for day-to-day personal photos, but I do occassionaly use them for post-processing wedding photos. I tend to stick with a mild vignetting action and some vintage-type black and white actions. Many professional photography studios and start-ups use actions and I feel like they are pretty trendy right now. I think it is important to experiment (and I am not a huge Photoshop guro and not sure if I want to put the time into developing my own actions) so I wanted to check these out for that potential use. I am not sure about how I feel about actions in general, it seems like a lot of times, actions are used to disguise a bad exposure, or every photo has a ton of post-processing that diminish details in the highlights/shadows of the photo.


Original toned photo

Basic Pop

Warm Cinnamon

Breeze

Mint

Barely Vintage

Lovely B/W

Memories

Antique Vintage

I think these are nice actions and the Lovely B/W, Basic Pop and antique actions would work well for  wedding photos. The mint is a bit too green and manipulative for my liking.

If you are interested in downloading these free actions, HERE  is the website. The blog, http://actionsbymichellenicole.blogspot.com/, also has a ton of other actions and textures for photo post-processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment