Monday, April 19, 2010

Trip to Iowa

I'm back at work after a weekend jaunt to Iowa.

After flying over the hills of southwestern Wisconsin, we crossed the Mississippi. I get kind of obsessed with photographing the patterns that the water makes as it cuts through the land.

 Mississippi River, Iowa/Wisconsin border

 And flew into Iowa, my home state. I used to think it was boring, but now I love to count the grids and the miles of roads.

It was spring in Iowa! They are about a week ahead of central Wisconsin.

There was much relaxing and talking with my friend, it is nice to have relaxing girl weekend with no agenda. It did me much good to see her and it makes me happy to see their new family and home!

Of course we took photos of new baby, Gabe. It is hard to pose a baby! I am not quite sure how to... and they are squirmy and sleep a lot. I did get some cute ones though, it would have been hard not to!



Their sweet dog, Tanner

We made yummy guacamole!

Unfortunately, all good weekends come to an end. I am glad that I got to fly there and not drive, which would have taken almost 5 hours. It is more exciting to fly and fun to take aerial photos. This is Cedar Rapids, IA, where we flew in. I had an internship there a few years ago and I think this was my first time "back."

We landed back in Wisconsin, safe and sound. I am already looking forward to next weekend though... it will be nice to be home for a weekend and spend some time, hopefully, mountain biking!

1 comment:

  1. love your pics, but especially the pics of baby gabe!! he's adorable. i need more!!

    ReplyDelete