Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Holga Loaded with 35mm FIlm: Take Three

I finally had time to scan my 35mm film from my Holga. I shot most of it at Little Bull Falls on the  Yellow River last week. I am still not sure how the effects "happen" on the sprockets.  Here are the results!

 I shot this on a gravel road with the "bulb" function. I love the colors on the bottom and the exposed sprockets on the top. I am not sure why they are exposed. I do think though, that I would like this photo better if It were just a Holga shot and not on film.

 This photo is the same situation. I may have double exposed this, but I don't remember. I am wondering why the sprockets are double and not fully exposed. That must be because it is a double exposure... right? I really have no idea. I should keep notes.

Green grass growing by the Yellow River.

A log by the Yellow River. It was so huge about a month ago and now is pretty much running low to normal.

I really like the faintness of the first layer of trees and the exposure at the top. I wish the bottom were better though and the overall negative was darker.

Field

A double exposure of branches. I think I stopped along Highway H to take this for my 365.

Trees along the road while I was looking for a fire. Mapquest was SO wrong. I liked how the light hit these trees and illuminated the bright new green leaves. Now why is the exposure not around the sprockets on this one? It isn't double exposed.... mystery.

I spoke to a high school class today about being a photojournalist. I searched for a bunch of links to give them for inspiration and ideas, so here are some links to sites I found.




No comments:

Post a Comment