Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Holga loaded with 35mm film: Take two

The results are in! I experimented with 35mm film once again in my holga. The last time I had a major light leak in the center. I taped this up double, added some cardboard and taped it up again with black electrical tape. It seemed to fix the leak. I am not sold yet on the use of 35 mm film, but maybe I should give it one more chance.

The woods.... I like the top of the film and the exposure over the spokes, but I don't like the yellow numbers and hash marks on the bottom. Should I crop that off or frame the photo so that I can crop that off?

More woods, but I don't really like this one....except for the lost focus on the edges.


 Cattails - again. I have been going to the same places lately - for experimental purposes- you can count on the subject and know when the light is going to hit is just right. 

 This was a super experiment. It is the bulb setting and a double exposure. I think that is why there are two sets of spokes.

I like how this turned out except there were some major scratches on the negatives, as well as a lot of dust. I forgot how dirty negatives get.

Overexposed, but I don't mind too much.

I think this one turned out the best. The exposure is somewhat proper, there are no major light leaks.... But I think my favorite part, and probably why people use 35mm in a holga, is the spokes on this one. I like how they are orange and gritty. I am not sure why they are gritty or orange, but I like it. With all of these, I am not sure if I like the photo because of they way it turned out or because I like the subject matter better....

No comments:

Post a Comment