Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring through Glass and Plastic

I went to Neillsville High School on Tuesday to talk with a photo class about being a photojournalist. It was pretty fun and I found a whole host of new websites while researching. On my way back I stopped along the street and the Black River to take some spring photos. The light was lush and I am not usually up and out with a camera that early to capture it. I took my Canon 40D and my Holga (now loaded with 120mm film). I never know which one to use, so I used them both!


I drove down by the Black River and took some photos on some island/backwaters where people fish a lot. It is nice that it wasn't buggy yet.
Glass

Plastic


Blossoms on the main street of Neillsville. I am not sure what street, but as you drive in the whole road is lined with flowering trees - it looks so pretty!
Glass

Plastic

Plastic


New leaves near the Black River
Glass


Plastic
This is a different day along a road near Withee. It was a gravel road and I kept the "Bulb" function open and slowly moved. I loved how the light just caught the white birch trees.


More and more blossoms on the main street of Neillsville. I hope folks weren't thinking I was 
weird.... probably :)
Glass

Plastic


Conclusion: Spring is pretty and fun to shoot no matter what camera or lens I use. I don't think you can take a bad picture when there are flowers and the light is out. I do think I have been shooting a bit too many spring shots, I should break out of the "pretty flower rut".... Or, I will wait until next week when the blossoms turn brown and keep shooting pretty pictures till then.

Here are some flickr groups with more spring shots:

Oh! Here is an interesting NYT article that is unrelated to photography: All the Obama 20-Somethings

2 comments:

  1. Spring is a wonderful time to take photos of nature and your photos here prove it. I particularly like your holga images, they are just brilliant. Thanks for the recent add on Flickr too. Kind regards, Paul (nadiasbrother).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, spring is a wonderful time to take photos! I think it is my new favorite season. After living in Wisconsin for a few winters, I appreciate the transition from winter to spring so much more. Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete