Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blue Barn

It finally stopped raining today. Out of the past 17 days, it has rained 15.

I passed this blue barn today and it just went with the (finally) blue sky, so I pulled over and took a photo. I was headed to do a weather feature photo about the drought that isn't a drought this month. It apparently has been a drought up here for the past seven years, except for this month, which is looking like it won't be a drought. Go figure. I love the Midwest in the summer. It makes winter bearable to know that summer will come and the grass will be this green and the sky will be this blue. There also is something I love about driving on rural roads. I have loved it since I got my license and with that the liberty to go exploring around where I live and finding new spots. On an unrelated note, I got my Canon 40D back and all fixed up. There were no dust on the spots on the sensor, which is nice. Saves a lot of post-processing time.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shot! It looks fake, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice image. Barns and old buildings are so hard to get just right. This one is great-all about color (and the sky).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I usually stay away from photographing barns and old buildings because they never turn out the way I want them to.

    ReplyDelete