Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Summer

Today is the first day of summer! I celebrated the end of spring by mountain biking at Nine Mile and Levis this weekend, as well as taking my whitewater kayak out for the first time (ever!) on the Black River. I didn't flip and the rapids were much more manageable than I was imagined. Since I was busy with bikes and boats this weekend, I didn't get to take a lot of photos. I don't bring my camera into situations where it will most likely be damaged by water or by running into a tree.

Here are a few photos that say summer to me. They are from our trip last year to the Boundary Waters in Minnesota.

Sunset at our campsite on Knife Lake.

Paddling through the Boundary Waters. Dan made this paddle for my mom and I borrowed it for the trip. This could be pretty much any season, but it says summer to me because of the colors and the gold-ish light of the sun setting,

No comments:

Post a Comment