Thursday, June 24, 2010

Twin Reflex Results

Here are two photos from my "new" twin reflex camera! I was pleased with the results, it looks so crisp compared to my Holga - go figure - I guess I wasn't sure what to expect. The scanner was continuously crashing, so I could only scan two before I got too frustrated.

I like this one, it looks so crisp! I shot it at a park in Marshfield.  I used some old film I had laying around, Illford Super XP2, which you can C-41 process. Which means I can get it processed at a place that processes color 120 film, since it is the same chemicals. That way I don't have to buy all the chemicals and set-up a makeshift darkroom in my bathroom. I think the quality might be different, but I was really just putting off purchasing new film.

Yes, this is a corn field. These photos aren't that exciting, but I wanted to just run the film through and experiment with different light situations. I looks like I have been overexposing, but I haven't been writing down my settings, which I should do.


Overall, I am quite pleased with the camera. I finally broke down and ordered more film, so I will play around with it some more. The film advance is a bit off, I shot a few photos before for the film started becoming exposed, so I had only eight exposures instead of twelve. Hopefully I can work out something so I don't waste so much film.

1 comment:

  1. I really like these! So does Paul. He especially likes the first one. We like the crispness, as you say.

    ReplyDelete