Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bubbles

I was photographing the last day of school in Stevens Point yesterday and I got distracted by bubbles.


 I like bubbles. They are simple, clean, happy, and pure. Well, that is what I think. 

 I am not sure which bubble I like better. This one I shot against the sky, the first one I shot against trees. This one seems lighter, but the other one has better color.

I am sad this didn't turn out. Dang focusing on my camera. I thought the bubble was in focus, but I don't think it is either. If I could shoot a "perfect" photo, I would have liked his hands to be in focus. I think I had the focus on al servo, which keeps a moving object continuously in focus as long as you hold down the focusing button. I think the connect is a little slow from my camera to the lens. I always have problems with al servo, especially when the focus is in the center of the frame. 



Here are some Holga links that I have been looking at recently:

Photos from the oil spill in the Gulf:

2 comments:

  1. I love the dark green background of the first one with the golden outline of the bubble and the bright blue oiliness. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each semester I have my HS students go out on the elem, playground and blow bubbles while the rest make pictures of them. It always is tentitive at first, then they really get into it. Fun times and great shots are the result.

    ReplyDelete