Friday, June 25, 2010

Wedding Dances :: Central Wisconsin Wedding Photographer

It's that season of the year, (or maybe it has been since May)....  No, not summer, although it is that too, but it is wedding season! I am in a wedding this weekend and am looking forward to the festivities. I haven't been in a wedding for a bit, but a few of my friends have gotten married, and it always fun to bring my camera along. Here are some dance pics from some weddings that I have been the official photographer and the official friend photographer. I thought I would share some different wedding photos that aren't on my website. It was hard to pick just a few, I am sure I forgot some great dancing pics.


I photographed Jeff and Heidi's wedding last spring. Their wedding was really fun, especially the dance. The DJ made the wedding party join hands around the bride and groom as they danced, it was actually really sweet. This is one of my favorite wedding dance photos.

I photographed Liz and Micah's wedding last Fourth of July, which was also really fun. There were a lot of nieces and nephews and they were all entranced with the bride and groom. I like this photo because of the two little girls lined up along the edge, they are so sweet!

Anne and Richard's wedding was in my hometown in Iowa. Their wedding was also really fun - geeze I shoot a lot of fun weddings!  I have known Anne since I met her sister, in first grade, so it was nice to be able to be their photographer. They had their wedding reception in a show barn at the Floyd County Fair Grounds. Talk about a transformation, it was really beautiful! I loved the Japanese lanterns in this photo and the expression on Anne's face while they dance. There was a lot of dancing that night.


Another really fun wedding, Kristyn and Nick, sister of my friend, Kara. I love it when brides have a great time at their wedding. It is always fun to see everyone relax and kick back. I mean, it is their party!

This is another photo from Jeff and Heidi's wedding, so much dancing!

My friend Libby and Rustin got married in Des Moines last year and - of course -  I had my camera. We got a ton a photos from the dance - I could fill a whole blog post with them! We used off camera flash just to play around and they turned out really nice. I like this photo because of the bride's profile and her wine glass are just so illuminated.

Wedding receptions are really fun to photograph. They are also a challenge, the dark lights and low or high ceilings tend to make it difficult to get the right lighting combination. People on the dance floor can either be too dark or too bright. I try to go for a little bit of motion in the pictures so that you can tell people are dancing and having a good time, rather than caught still in the bright light, There are many different ways to use the flash, off camera, on camera, on a light stand..... pretty much any way that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment