Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Outtakes

I'm not gonna lie, this work week wasn't the most visually stimulating - hence all the spring photos. I am really glad it is Friday. Here are a couple photos from work that didn't run this week. They are from a disaster training event at Saint Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield.  It was fun to cover, and the highlight of the event was my first ride in an ambulance. Hopefully, I will never have to ride in one for real.

Medical personnel in the Saint Joseph's Hospital emergency room room work on "victim" Elijah Johnson, 5, of Wisconsin Rapids during disaster training.

Derek Pionke, a paramedic from Wisconsin Rapids, acts as a victim as Brian Barnes a paramedics with the Marshfield Fire and Rescue Department, calls in the "patient's" condition during the disaster drill at Saint Josephs's Hospital.

I wanted this to work ... but it just didn't. I liked how the kids were just at counter level and the way they were all standing in line with their legs crossed. But the colors and the fluorescent lights weren't doing it for for me. The actual photograph and what I wanted to see

This is what we ran in the paper. I don't miss eating school lunch, although I never did in elementary school except on waffle day. I was able to photograph some yellow though! I made it a point to find yellow after Monday's yellow mosaic when I realized that I don't  photograph yellow very often.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments: