Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Transitions

After a week of perpetually cloudy and foggy weather, that looked like this:

Wildwood Park, Marshfield

Yesterday spring may have sprung. But I won't hold my breath, even though ticks were found. It is Wisconsin, which pretty much guarantees that there will be one last cold week.

Green grass in the woods


A stream flush with snowmelt

I didn't use an underwater casing for this, although I would love, love, love one. But since I don't have that kind of money, I just make do. For this shot, making do means dipping my 14mm wide wide angle lens very, very, carefully into the stream.I just dip the bottom lip of the lens, not getting the water on anything electronic.  I am shooting it on my Canon 40D, and with the 1.6 crop, it doesn't make the angle as wide. I find the 14mm on my 40D to be a pretty nice combination for the way I normally shoot, which is wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment