Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Holga Loaded with 35mm Film

So... yesterday I developed the 35mm film that was loaded in my Holga. I would have to say it was a fail, unfortunately. I think I didn't cover the back well enough, there was an obvious light leak in the middle of each photo. I can't quit after just one try, so I found some expired film that is only 24 exposures and will try it again with some cardboard or something to cover the back. Don't mind the dirt on the negatives, after I saw the leak, I figured it wasn't worth the time to clean them up.

Here are some results from the experiment

I like this as an image, but that red square is a problem. I'm also not sure about the colored film numbers, but I am not sure if there is a color film that doesn't have that.

This is one of the photos that actually almost worked. I think because it was taken in the car and the sun was directly in front of me. You can kind of see the square though where the center is blown out.

This is in Chicago after the race. I would like this too....

There wasn't even light behind me to come in through the square (which is the film-reader window), so maybe the problem will take more than cardboard to solve.


I used this video tutorial to figure out how to convert my Holga for 35mm film:

http://www.squarefrog.co.uk/holga-techniques-35mm.html

No comments:

Post a Comment