Monday, March 22, 2010

Yellow

This weekend I went to Chicago to run the Shamrock Shuffle. While there, I also had a chance to visit the Chicago Art Institute. I try to get there every time I am in Chicago. This time there was an exhibit of William Eggleston - a photographer that I have always liked. His use of obvious and subtle color is amazing. The colors are so pure and vibrant, and the use is always exactly.... just so. I can't image any other color, usage, or placement of color in the photos. Here is the Eggleston Trust website: /http://www.egglestontrust.com/.

I think I would like to incorporate more yellow into my photographs. Yellow is a happy color and I should have more yellow in my life.


Yellow mosaic of photos from my flickr site

1. Sunflowers, 2. Lemon, 3. Flowers, 4. Bumble Bee, 5. Guthrie Theater, 6. Morning, 7. Daisy, 8. Night Flight, 9. Wildflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment