Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weekend Photos

I am back at work after four days off, which were full of spring things. It is supposed to be 70 degrees today and I am working a half day! Unfortunately, I am sick so my half day can't be spent doing things that are fun. It will be spend guzzling orange juice and trying not to be sick for the busy-ness of the next two weeks.

  On Saturday we collected sap out at the farm. I was thrilled (yes I used the word thrilled because I am a dork and get thrilled by this) to see that there were plants of some sort pushing through the ground.

On Sunday we put the canoe in the water for the first time this year. There was still some ice on the lake, but we broke through it with our paddles. By the end of the day, the little bay was clear.

The drive home from the cabin. The clouds are spring.

 
Monday about 2 gallons of syrup were cooked. I had to watch the fire for a few hours and got kind of bored. Once the sun went behind the house, the light got better though and there was something for me to take out my camera for.

I also got in the first mountain bike ride of the year. The weather was awesome, shorts and short sleeves and there was a nice warm breeze.  Unfortunately I don't have any photos from that because taking my camera along while I bike wouldn't bode well for the camera and lens. I did take my new Camelback and enjoyed my new grips, tires and seat. It was great to be outside.

Botanicals
My 85th photo out of 365. I may have missed some days in there...  We pulled out all the taps for sap yesterday. By the time we were done biking and made it to the farm, it had clouded up.

No comments:

Post a Comment