Thursday, March 4, 2010

Painting with a Holga

I love the woods in the morning, except I am rarely up early enough to be there. I appreciate the way the sun filters through the trees, it always wakes me up.   
I went ice fishing and had to run back to get another augur. While driving through the woods, I experimented with the "bulb" function on my holga again.
The photo above and below are the result of the longer shutter speed and the motion blur. I wasn't sure which one I liked better.

 
 I have been trying to experiment with make my photographs more "painterly." I am not much of a painter with paints, I do it more for to swirl the colors together, I can never paint light. Since none of my paintings I would necessarily like to hang up, it is fun to experiment with the "bulb" function on my camera and see what happens. I like the wood photos because that is more the feel I am going for. I like the softness and the light.

 
 This photo was on bulb also, but the snow is a too blown out. It feels elemental to me, so I still kind of like it. 

 
 The lake at dusk.

  
 Photo while ice fishing, where I caught nothing. But I did blog about it for work!

If you are more interested on the "bulb" function on holgas...


No comments:

Post a Comment