Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Long Weekends

Once every month I have a four-day weekend, which I love. Except that going back to work is hard, especially because I have to work ten days in a row. Such are the trade-offs.

Saturday we went to Coon Fork Lake and went ice fishing. I actually caught three fish, which is the most fish I have ever caught in Wisconsin. It's a pretty big deal, I was thinking I was jinxed. While not fishing I took some photos. I have been trying to photograph pine trees all winter and the way the light filters through them all shiney. I feel like the light was finally at the right angle to get a photo that I actually wanted.


Went for a flight on Monday.... the clouds were pretty
 
 
 I used a long shutter speed and a really high aperture, f22.
 I really need to clean my sensor, there are spots all over the photo.
 

 We're tapping maple trees again this year. It must be spring! I think we placed about 15 taps. By "we" I mean Dan, while I took pictures and held things.
 

 There wasn't much color in the woods, it was foggy/cloudy and most everything was soggy colored to match the weather.  I think this is a maple tree....
 





No comments:

Post a Comment